Conrad Johnson and Herron comparisons

I find very little when attempting to gauge qualitative, subjective view points, I'm sure there are those who've sampled preamps from both these quality houses - please share...
saika2
Hey guys FYI I just put my VTSP-3A R03 up for sale here and on the USA Audiomart. After careful consideration and saving my pennies I’m going to try the new 360. Reach out if you have any questions.
@saika2 

don't get too bothered by upgradeability of old gear... there is a limit to this... just buy smart, buy good gear that is always in demand, don't pay too much above fair market value for a piece, then use it, enjoy it, if you move on, you can resell without much, if any loss
@saika2 Unless Keith told you that directly I question your assertion that discontinued models are not eligible for revision upgrades. While sometimes parts availability can be a limiting factor, Keith’s product support is unrivaled IMHE. That said, my VTSP-3A is the last and latest version at R03 :)
Good Luck with your sale dodgealum. Yes, unfortunately, it’s from the horses mouth....a VTSP 3a that’s not rev 3 cannot be upgraded anymore from a 1 or a 2, as it’s “obsolete”. 
@jjss49 

couldnt have stated those words of wisdom any better....... exactly my philosophy...and I’ve been in this game for a pretty long time as well