Advice on CD transport

Here’s the situation:

Am purchasing two channel integrated amp with built in DAC shortly (likely Hegel H390. Love the DAC section).  Big CD enthusiast and I’m looking for a great transport under the $1k range (used is more than acceptable).  My issue is buying a standalone transport is too rich for my blood so looking for a CD player with awesome transport. I hate paying for the DAC in it I won’t be using but such is being audio poor. 
I’ve always liked the Rega line but am wondering what anyone has found/used.  If you’ve got any helpful input without getting into DIY, please feel free to chime in. 
CJ
cjlundberg
Thanks for all the help, guys. I’m about 10 years removed from the audio world as I am just now buying a house with a dedicated listening area. Didn’t realize that mid/hi fi companies were making standalone transports in line with an average man’s salary. All the best and feel free to add on. 
CXC is a few hundred bucks. So unless you live in a pretty beat up country, not exactly “average man’s salary “, unless you were talking about daily salary, which is not a blasphemy when buying audio equipment 
You might give an Emotiva ERC 4 a try. I had one for awhile before going to a combination server, ripper, and network device.  I used the ERC 4 with and external DAC by Benchmark even though it's internal DAC is more than adequate. Emotiva does have a generous return policy that gives you an ample opportunity to check it out at home. 
You mentioned that you like Rega products. I have an Apollo-R that feeds a MDHT Orchid. The Apollo-R can be found used well under your budget, has a excellent DAC and is solidly built. Even though you say you don't need a DAC, it would be fun to compare to the Hegel.