I would appreciate any advice on power cables, wall warts, power conditioning, better electrical outlet, etc.
If I have a power conditioner, with all of my equipment plugged into it with their stock cables, would upgrading the individual components’ power cable, wall wart etc. really help to improve the sound quality? If yes, in what order of priority would you suggest? Looking to make some low/moderate cost "tweaks" where it makes sense.
FWIW, here’s my setup:
- 15 amp dedicated electrical circuit with standard home grade grounded electrical outlet.
- Furman PL Plus-C power conditioner (repurposed from my music equipment studio rack) plugged into this AC outlet. (Furman has a hardwired power cable, so I cannot easily swap it out)
- All of my audio equipment plugs into the Furman: e.g. integrated tube amp, DAC, Sound Expander, ethernet to optical converter, Sonore Optical Rendu (feeds the DAC via USB), and Small Green Computer Roon server.
- All components have their respective manufacturers’ standard issue power cord or wall wart. (Sonore Optical Rendu with their Small Green Computer standard LPS).
- TrendNet ethernet switch, not on the conditioner and uses wall wart. CAT 8 to upstairs to my Asus router also wall wart and not on conditioner.
- Asus router to Verizon FIOS ONT via CAT 8 ethernet.
Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!