Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires
If right now I tried to promote exactly whatever Kenjit last promoted he'd be saying that it was the wrong thing and pointing to exactly the opposite.

Whatever he's saying, it's just a merry go round for him. 

Good luck to you all pinning him down.
@yogiboy Thank you! Just a boiled down version of the longer one, but sometimes that's what we need. Plus: pictures!
@kenjit,

Apple might want us to believe that their phones are the best, but the data doesn't lie. Not a single Apple phone can make it through a full day without an emergency recharge trip.

And that's when they're new!

Yet people still queue up to buy them.

I understand your concerns about value and I believe that hierarchy goes along something like this. 

Buy used
Buy in kit form
Buy at a show
Buy direct
Buy from a dealer.

Each has its pros and cons.

At the end of the day Fritz speakers will have to compete with other makes at similar price points. I'm sure that Fritz will be very aware of this. It's probably in his head morning noon and night.

Therefore I doubt whether he would deliberately jack up his prices for the sake of easy increased profits. The main result of that would be to put his designs up against stiffer competition.

As far as I know loudspeaker manufacturers are not in collusion trying to artificially maintain exorbitant prices.

Rather the opposite as recent designs from the likes of KEF, Adam, Q Acoustics, Tekton, Walsh etc seem to indicate.

Maybe Fritz is simply unable to offer them at a lower price, though I agree it's a bit much if he did claim they were the best in the world.

It's usually really tough in the business world and sentiment means very little. 

Maybe we should count our blessings that we are on the consumer and not the retail side.