Have you ever got emotionally attached

To a piece of equipment. One that you dont want to part with. For me its an old pair of OHM I speakers. Bought in 82. Ive upgraded them and just like them. They have their own sonic signiture that Im used too. OK I'll admit Im biased. Three of the drivers are on top and pointed upwards. The sound does not directly come at me and Im used to it. I have 2 Watkin echo muffs behind them. Any way I see them as the part of the system that actually sings to me. I also tried a much touted newer speaker and sold it a year later. If anyone wants to give me a $5000+ speaker I'll try it but I might be sending it back too you. I also wished I hadnt sold my Tandberg 3018A preamp. I thought it looked pretty cool and sounded great. mike
128x128blueranger
Acoustat Model 6. Due to let's say, "family considerations," had to literally give them away 7 years ago and still miss them. Will never get that sound again.
Yes.  I have several things I gave away to family and friends rather than part with.   Some came back again even years later after they wore out.   My old pair of Ohm L speakers were one.    Redid them myself and still getting use from me these days.

I gave my wife my old Aiwa ad6550 cassette deck years ago when we were dating.  Made a good impression I think.    We had our 30th anniversary this year.
Old Toshiba receiver from high school. First piece of real audio gear. Got great reviews in 1980 and good retro-reviews later. Lights went out. I replaced them. Pots got gunky and I cleaned them. Finally something fritzed that I can't fix. It is still in a closet. Can't bear to throw it out.
In 1989 I bought my first high level Speakers.  I'm listening to them now.  A pair of Epixure 3.0 pyramids.  Epicures opus. A sealed speaker 3 way system.My god the sound-stage, the bass, the clear and accurate mids and sweet highs.  Yes I have a relationship but we've never got to 3rd base and I am thinking of having them cremated with me because who could love them more than me.  I actually have 2 pairs but the 2nd are preowned and not original to me.  We will see