Audio envy - dang!

I usually post on AG when I have an issue or concern, so I’m happy for once it’s to praise a new product, in this case Audio Envy’s IC. 

I use an ARC Classic 60 amp with a Herron 1A preamp. The AE cable went between these two.

I run an ARC Phono pre PH3se from my VPI prime as source.
My speakers are Thiel CS2.4’s

Out of the box a bit bright, But after a few hours that just went to strait up transparent - I mean freaking crystal clear. No tonal aberrations. Smooth, with no etched highs. Voices sound right, Natural. Soundstage opened up, as you might expect when things get clearer.

The best part was how inexpensive they were. They made my Cardas Clear Light interconnects I was using sound clouded by contrast. The Cardas was about x3 the cost of the AE’s.
BTW, this wasn’t “I think I hear differences”, this was “I’ll never use those Cardas in this system again, and where is my IPad, I need to order my next set!”

And that’s just what I did.
last_lemming
last_lemming

Thank You for the review. System synergy counts.
Good to read that you are still enjoying the Thiel CS 2.4 loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!
“this wasn’t “I think I hear differences”

@last_lemming,

Nope, you’re not alone in experiencing superb transparency of AE’s cables. I have been using them since 2018. I started out with a IC trial and now using full loom of AE’s cables.

I highly recommend that you also try his new SP9 speaker cables.

I have recommended their cables few times here and some decided to take a leap of faith and others shook their shoulders thinking they are too cheap to be taken seriously. In fact as I recall, one guy said here that they look like someone building them in their garage and went with a $1k interconnects...lol!!!

AE’s cables are real deal and a steal at their asking price. The proprietor (Captain) is very knowledgeable and has pro audio background.
@last_lemming was it the Studio Prestige?

Not heard this brand before and currently pondering a full loom of either Grover Huffman or Cerious (with some ambivalence admittedly).

I'm curious how these might compare.
Sorry for the late response 

yes it was the studio prestige. 
I just got my xlr’s in, same great clarity. 
I use the AE O’Nestian IC’s between my amp and preamp, and I use the Studio Prestige for my CDP, FM Tuner, and Subwoofer. They sound absolutely terrific, and are far better than the Cardas GR IC’s they replaced, which are 3x to 4x the price of the AE’s. I use Cardas GR Speaker Cable and Cardas Clear PC’s. Thinking about replacing those with AE as well. AE is the real deal, folks.