Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
They have 32 Moabs ordered as of last Friday. Assuming that's a fairly normal sample, and taking a month to 6 weeks to build, that's averaging close to a pair a day, 20 a month, something like that. Over the roughly one year production, we can ball park around 200-300. Even cut in half, even if only 100, that's still a lot to have virtually none for sale used- especially for a new product in its first year, that hardly anyone can audition before buying. 

Post removed 
Speedbumb6-i have been watching this thread off and on and I also think this is an unusual post. Let me respond to your last post:
1). YouTube has the worst sound, how could anybody compare an audio component using YouTube videos? You couldn’t compare a $10 speaker to the Revel Ultimate Salon2, they would both sound terrible. Would you watch a YouTube video instead of actually test driving a car? Buying a new house? Buying Furniture? I wouldn’t. I need to personally test drive a car, go thru a house, or sit or lay down on furniture before I would ever think about purchasing them.
2). Multiple subs, that’s nothing new. I used to have multiple - multiple driver subs over 20 years ago, if I used subs today, it would be at least 2 Rel powered subs, because I know Rel, have owned many. I do like many systems like ps audios room with the 6 driver woofers per side. Again, nothing new. What is unusual is the original poster to suggest Tekton when he hasn’t heard them. If the poster likes using multiple subs, he should have either posted the subs he personally used or not posted a Tekton link. I’m thinking he could be a Tekton salesman which if he is, he needs to state this in every response to a post.
3). Your comment about not recommending something unless you hear it first. That is the most sensible way to do things. Other posters have made these suggestions too and I also agree with this. If I would post a question to any website asking for information/recommendations on a certain product, I would hope that all replies would be from actual experience, not from a YouTube video or reading a review. But it’s the internet and not everything you read is true.
4). I have heard Klipsch for decades and some of the remakes from 3rd parties at audio shows. I don’t like the newer Klipsch unless they are the remake klipschorn’s or the decades old models. They went to mainstream to sell on Amazon and Best Buy stores and they sound pretty bad IMO. So I would say your new Tekton speakers would sound better, probably much better.
As a side note, I also think it is very unusual to have the original poster call the owner and/or his wife numerous times, who does this? Also, his last post about knowing that a certain number of tektons have been built so far this year is really odd, who really cares? How many other speaker lines have been made so far this year? I have never thought about asking or looking into this figure before making a purchase. 200 a year is not that much compared to other speaker lines for the same value of speaker. I know that Porsche and Bugatti sell more than that for their million dollar cars and I don’t see any of those for sale either. If you make thousands of a $4k speaker and you have a few for sale on audio sites, that doesn’t mean anything, still a small percentage.
Recommending products one has not used is always  risky business.

I’d leave it at that.
These days, you tube is a better option than not heating them at all. Mostly you have to base decisions on reviews from either professionals, or individuals, and your tube can be helpful. If you learn what to listen for you can tel differences. Not saying that it will sound in your home the way it does on you tube, that part is not even close. I listened to the bw 800D3s on you tube, and when I went to listen, I did feel that I had gotten a good sense of what they would be, and wasn’t suprised at what I did hear. Just so much more of it then I did on you tube. I can’t say the klipsch are bad really, but I had previously had Vandersteens and higher end Martin Logan’s in two theater systems, so they just did not match up to what I was hoping for. I also had theta digital driving the Vandys, vs denon, so I am pretty much starting over. And I would most definitely take issue with the numbers of Bugatti’s sold per year that you stated. And yes, I can actually find a few Bugatti’s for sale right now. Not that it’s relevant to the Tektons though. I do think it’s obvious that people who buy them like them for the greater part, enough so that even. Those who are perpetually never satisfied arnt letting them go, or they’ll selling them quickly locally so no need to go to a national venue to sell them. I see some people change bear like I change underwear, so I had hoped I could find a set, just not in the cards this time.