Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
All anyone can ever say is their humble opinion. No matter how vociferous, eloquent, or accredited by appeal to authority still in every case all they’re saying is what they’re saying. That’s just a fact, which yes saying "that’s just a fact" is itself an opinion. That’s all any of us has. Even if we measure something as rigorously and objectively as humanly possible, all those terms themselves are mere opinion. If there’s anything science and history proves beyond a shadow of a doubt its that however dead certain we may be of something today, our understanding can be completely different tomorrow.

Therefore, logically, the only thing IMHO can accomplish is to show the reader the person using it doesn’t understand any of this, and more likely than not is using it to signal his virtue and let one and all know how much better he is than the rest of us.

Mission accomplished.
@p05129 --

MC-you must feel like a kid in a candy store. [...]

Who wouldn't given the attention of close to 550 posts (and speedily counting) in less than a month over a pair of speakers you're buying and haven't even received yet? It's an interesting phenomena, I'd say - one that at its core seems to gain traction given some interesting design choices (evolutionary rather than revolutionary), sheer girth and a reasonable price. Hype as well, and likely not least. Is there even a rebellious act behind this aimed at the established high-end arena and its elevated prices?

Conversely we're some that with our choices in the audio reproduction field will see others if not most give no bloody f*ck about what we're doing, and yet we're genuinely invested in our endeavor to see it come to fruition as well. Interesting for sure..
I wonder what this thread will turn into once the speakers are delivered to millercarbon :-)
Yesterday I got an email fromTekton. It was actually two emails the first one was an owners manual and a thank you from Eric for purchasing the speakers. The second one was how to unpackaged them since they’re quite large etc. I’m hoping to have the speakers hooked up I’m guessing Monday Or Tuesday. I was going to post a report but I lack the list of terms that you guys use when you’re describing something. Could somebody post with the basic ones and explain to me what they mean.  I was going to post a report but I lack the list of terms that you guys use when you’re describing something. Could somebody post what the basic ones are and explain to me what they mean?
Also Miller Carbone asked how long it took from the time I ordered.I ordered mine approximately April 30, I looked at the calendar the order to delivery date is looking like a little over seven weeks.