Why no Virtual System pics??

I’m surprised that not more people have pictures off their set-ups... there are very few contributors, some regular contributors, some long time members, with zero pictures of their systems..
Why do you think that is?  Are they worried that someone is going to steal their stereo because they see pictures of it?  Or are people ashamed of their systems?  
I don’t get it.  It’s much easier to understand where someone is coming from when you see their setup!

post some pictures people!!!  Sheesh

It’s like showing up to the basket ball court with no ball.  Going to the ski slopes, sittin in the lodge, talking about how awesome the powder is with no ski’s.  
128x128b_limo
Reading first few posts, it seemed like a decent idea. Then came mikelavigne's link and..."How do you post anything after seeing this?"

sorry, i'm just all in and enjoying the hobby. my system is not intended to be intimidating. you see all the chairs and sofa, it's so i can have visitors all the time. and i do. this is not a shrine, but a place for enjoyment.

my system represents 25 years of efforts and investment. it's been a life altering thing. and i don't recommend my path to anyone. but it does show what is possible. if you are ever in the Seattle area you are welcome to visit.
mikelavigne,

Thanks for invite. Your system is quite something. It does reset one's expectations of her/his own achievements. Kudos.
I agree with edcyn. I have no idea how to post pics of my system, but then its for listening to, not for looking at.
I have one lousy, fuzzy, poorly lit photo of my system, and I only posted that because I wanted suggestions on how to select subwoofer(s) and where to place it/them.  My Android phone camera takes rotten photos.  I do intend to post more and better pics when I get things cleaned up and arranged.  I have been cleaning records for several weeks and have records sitting around waiting to be cleaned and put away.  I may be swapping out furniture to give more room for moving speakers about when the heart transplant patient that currently lives with me can move to a new home.  I don’t want to disturb him at this point!

The pics of Mike Lavigne’s equipment are sweet.  That is my idea of the room and equipment I would want to bring family and friends to, so they could ooow and ahhh and ask me how I found all this great stuff.  If Mike hasn’t found his sound solution, I don’t know what he would be lacking.  Even the placement of objects in the room is so symmetrical— my ex-wife would be in love!
My system is pretty basic but I took it a step further and also posted a Youtube Video in addition to the Virtual Systems.

I really enjoy looking at everyone else's systems.

Thnx