Why no Virtual System pics??

I’m surprised that not more people have pictures off their set-ups... there are very few contributors, some regular contributors, some long time members, with zero pictures of their systems..
Why do you think that is?  Are they worried that someone is going to steal their stereo because they see pictures of it?  Or are people ashamed of their systems?  
I don’t get it.  It’s much easier to understand where someone is coming from when you see their setup!

post some pictures people!!!  Sheesh

It’s like showing up to the basket ball court with no ball.  Going to the ski slopes, sittin in the lodge, talking about how awesome the powder is with no ski’s.  
128x128b_limo

Showing 2 responses by bob540

I have one lousy, fuzzy, poorly lit photo of my system, and I only posted that because I wanted suggestions on how to select subwoofer(s) and where to place it/them.  My Android phone camera takes rotten photos.  I do intend to post more and better pics when I get things cleaned up and arranged.  I have been cleaning records for several weeks and have records sitting around waiting to be cleaned and put away.  I may be swapping out furniture to give more room for moving speakers about when the heart transplant patient that currently lives with me can move to a new home.  I don’t want to disturb him at this point!

The pics of Mike Lavigne’s equipment are sweet.  That is my idea of the room and equipment I would want to bring family and friends to, so they could ooow and ahhh and ask me how I found all this great stuff.  If Mike hasn’t found his sound solution, I don’t know what he would be lacking.  Even the placement of objects in the room is so symmetrical— my ex-wife would be in love!
I posted more pics of my system today.  They aren’t the quality I was hoping for, as when I got my camera to take pics, the batteries were dead.  Worse, I had a very difficult time getting the battery compartment open — I had left batteries in the camera after I last used it a few years ago!  The batteries had leaked all inside and had adhered the cover closed.  I had to pry the cover off, knock the batteries loose and then start picking through the crystalline paste.  I got out every bit I could and cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol, put in new batteries, but nothing.  My old camera I had given to my ex-girlfriend, so the only working cameras I have are a video camera and the crappy Android phone camera.  I used the phone and took better pics than the first one I had posted, but not a lot better.

This has been a trying weekend for me.  Got into a political argument with a friend and ended up calling him a mofo and hanging up.  Finished cleaning the last on my record albums — 328 in total and most were cleaned, listened to and then cleaned again, by hand.  Then I cleaned up the debris in my listening room, from cleaning records, snacking, and just being a slob, so I could take nice photos.  Only to find that my good camera is screwed.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow . . er, today.