Tube Preamp with Solid State Amp?

Greetings!

I’ve seen some folks using Tube Preamps with Solid State Am ps. I’m thinking of doing that with my system as part of an incremental change. I currently have a Parasound P5 preamp with a Parasound A21 driving Klipsch Cornwall 4’s. Will a decent / good Tube Preamp really make a difference in my sound? I enjoy what I have now but really want to experience Tubes in my system. Thanks!
128x128bigjohn9095
@millercarbon
^^^AGREED!!!
Raven Audio,Rogue Audio,Prima Luna,Yaqin & Cayin ALL offer full on tube integrated amplifiers that transcend anything you can get in a hybrid system & with those speakers you could get into a Single Ended Triode amp that will blow your mind..
I had driven Raal Sr1a with Jot R ss amp with exciting result but sometimes it got too close to hot.

Thus I had tried Schitt Freya(only 900$ but way better than its price) in front of Jot R with satisfaction.

It makes sr1a sound relaxed and musical.

Schitt give 15 day’s return.

Stock 6sn7 tube does sound decent, but if you like the sound of Freya then you may try some Nos tubes(Sylvania GTB or RCA gray bottle around 100$ pair or Kenrad vt 231 at 200$ pair)

Kenrad vt231 sounds sweet with excellent bass.

You may refer to the following thread on general reputation of 6sn7 tubes.

6SN7 VT

The Reference 6SN7 Thread
with those speakers you could get into a Single Ended Triode amp that will blow your mind..

agreed.  That's the direction I would head.  
Dennis Had has his little hand made SEP amps back up on Ebay for 1700 bucks or so...now with a level pot for some reason, and my experience with an earlier version has been great as it's simply the best amp I've owned over many decades of tube and SS stuff...with efficient speakers (I use Klipsch Heresy IIIs) it's a killer amp, plus only 4 tubes to mess with.
I am using powered JBL LSR and AiPulse speakers via XLR and SMSL SU8 dac. Will the new Freya+ increase the soundstage and give me a more pleasing mids and highs...? The comboa sounds pretty good for the money... I just would like some majik..... next up will be Klipsch