Herron VTSP-2a vs EAR 324

Has anyone heard both of these phono preamps? I'd love to hear impressions. I've had the Herron so I know what it sounds like so I'm using it as a point of reference, but I'm thinking of a non tube phone preamp. Cartridge is a Decca London Super Gold so I'm using MM only.
dhcod
It makes little sense to compare one phono preamplifier to another because they are all imperfect, noisy, distorted devices why not compare the sound of a particular Music Reproduction System component to the sound of actual music?
Hmmm. Because specifically tube components sound different than solid state components and in this particular case, I'm comparing only these two very different units? I know from experience that both of these companies reproduce music exceptionally well, but I'm interested in the difference in the presentation, noise level, etc between the two so I can make a buying decision based on the opinions of people here who are generally pretty smart.
Right. Phono stages are a real challenge. Ideally they would be all tube designs because, well, sound better. But its real hard to get as low noise level as we’d like. The Herron is a good compromise. I have the 2A, its awesome. Have tried enough SS to never even want to bother any more. Would be more likely to try all-tube. But who am I kidding? The Herron is a forever thing.

Still, that said, if there was one SS I would try it would be one from Tim dP. All his designs I have heard are very good. Not hardly SS sounding at all. Quite the opposite. Its almost as if a very talented designer set out to make solid state sound like someone’s romanticized idea of a tube design. I would expect you will hear a near dead silent black presentation with just a shade more bloom and glow than you’re getting right now from the more neutral Herron.

Which is more accurate, when they get this close to perfection, who can say? Heck who cares? At this level its all about whatever you enjoy the most.
  dhcod "I'm interested in the difference in the presentation, noise level, etc between the two so I can make a buying decision based on the opinions of people"

That is a very poor, unsatisfactory, incomplete way to "make a buying decision" is that how you buy other products not intended for use in your Music Reproduction System would you buy a boat or car that way?
Well, have you ever been on the website bringatrailer.com? People buy cars and boats and motorcycles, some incredibly expensive, in just this way. It’s a vibrant community of enthusiasts who post opinions and suggestions, somewhat similar to here. I can simply listen to the comments of people whose opinions I have may have read before on other matters, and then purchase and item that just may work for me. And then if it doesn’t, just resell it!

Not sure what the problem is here, but please have a nice day!