2 way, which are the best designs?

I've been looking for what is considered the epitome of the 2 (or 2.5) way design loudspeaker.
Be it active or passive!
I'd like to get some tips, please chime in
Preferably would be stand mount monitor, but floorstanding would be ok to.
(Today i use Barefoot Sound Micromain 27)
rird
Kenjit wrote:
"and how are you supposed to decide which is the best between ATC and Magico?" 

- by using your ears, in your system, in your room.  It really is that simple.

"Fritz are not very good as they are just expensive drivers in cheap mdf boxes. Anybody could do that."

- So you have auditioned them and came to this conclusion or is this just another kenjitism?  It's all crap because you say so....
Fritz speakers are top notch, very high quality. Could very well be my next pair of speakers when the time comes. Please be advised to ignore Kenjit on matters regarding quality of speakers where he only offers up an ax to grind.

Reasons why:

1) Best of show sound when I heave heard them and that includes soundstage and imaging
2) Unique crossover design that provides an easy load to drive.....even a few watts of tube power can do very well with excellent bass extension for the size and few if any other high quality speakers this size can do this particular trick
3) Only high quality third party parts used and yes also high quality cabinet.
4) These can deliver a lot of top notch sound especially for smaller monitor speakers off most any amp.
5) Top notch sound + top notch quality + relatively small package for all that = top notch value.
I was thinking more of speakers offering full range.
Like Escalante designs Fremont.

So you have auditioned them and came to this conclusion or is this just another kenjitism?  It's all crap because you say so....
i have auditioned plenty of speakers. Most of them are wooden boxes. I am sick of wooden boxes. What more do you expect out of a wooden speaker? How many more horrible wooden boxes do we need on the market before somebody realizes we have reached a limit with what you can achieve out of wooden boxes?