Which is the most important part of a stereo system?

My system consists of a pair of B&W 630's, an old Denon 50 watt reciever (DRA-550) from the mid 80's, a Marantz CD5004 cd player, and now a Pro-ject Debut Carbon DC Turntable.  I'm pleased with the speakers and the cd player and while the Denon sounds good it has some issues and I want to upgrade.

I'm planning on returning the Pro-ject TT and getting a higher end TT.  I'm also looking into getting a new amp pre amp with a internal DAC.

Is the source the most important? The speakers? 

Please Help!
klimt
I order:  HD source(or turntable), then speakers, then amp, the rest .  With that being said, the speakers change the sound the most and it is a matter of taste.
speakers.

they don't claim neutrality, they claim frequency range, efficiency, beauty, innovative vibration reduction ....

never a need to concentrate much to hear the differences between speakers when driven from the same system.

real concentration/experimentation/component swapping is needed for source components, nearly all claiming true fidelity/neutrality.

"We now return you to our regularly scheduled misinformation." Miller, that was good for a chuckle....keep em’ coming. Not enough lighthearted posting here. Everyone will have their own opinion on this topic. Personally, I subscribe to the speakers as numero uno and have always built my systems from them on out.
Larry
Hegel H190 should also work. I have only heard the H590 but that was good.

I did hear Arcam SA30 which is also an amp  with streaming (roon endpoint).
Did any one mension, your ears  I'm no spring chicken and before I would spend crazy money on cables and power cords etc, I'd get my ears checked. As you might not hear that much difference. I did have mine checked, not bad for my age, but not like they use to be!!