Another marketing gimmick?

Put micro sized components in a glass structure that resembles a vacuum tube?
https://agdproduction.com/index.html

Im thinking pure aesthetics were the goal here. No need to put those "advances" mosfets in a glass tube?

I guess someone will buy it.
tablejockey
First, the newest class D amps are damned good, at least my EVS 1200 is, which is the 5th class D amp/s I've owned overt the last 5+ years, BUT, GaN is heralded as the a major advancement in musical clarity, in that it transitions much faster, meaning it's a clearer lens, similar to the finest camera optics, which are similarly expensive

GaN is the newest tech, with lots of R & D involved for audio applications, which makes it more expensive than even the best class D amps. That said, Underwood HiFi has just introduced the Voyager, a GaN amp for under $3K. WTH?

I am in high anticipation of having one very soon. Once I get to compare to my EVS 1200, I will start a thread on it

I'll never own an amp that uses LEDs to illuminate a tube. Fake and cynical. 
Thank you Dan D'Agostino. He started this back in the early 80's with Krell. Initially it was just thick face plates and gold screws. I would like to think his early Krell stuff sold because it really sounded good but soon other manufacturers climbed on board looking for ways to distinguish their equipment visually at least. Now if it looks good it must sound good and everything even wires got sucked in. As I have said before, all this money wasted on jewelry could have been spent on better engineering and components. We all pay for this. Pass Labs is a good example of a manufacturer who did not fall for this entirely. His designs are straight forward. He uses the same chassis parts across his model line to save money so you pay for performance. I could do without the meters. 
I wouldn't be surprised the amp sounds great. It's a $14K amp, with the latest transistor technology-it should!
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9b494-agd-productions-vivace-monos-gallium-nitride-newest-techn...

The circuit in a tube thing just seems CORNY. It's a high performance amp-great. That kind of aesthetic however, belongs to low end Best Buy stuff.
To each his own.