BEST SPEAKERS AT A REASONABLE PRICE

Im curious what you guys recommend for speakers at a reasonable price. floor standing and center.      cheaper kef, svs, klipsch, what?         i was looking at them three     not looking to spend a ton but dont want to go super cheap.     can someone give me some recomendations for midddle priced speakers.  dont want to spend over 2500 for 2 floor standing id say       let me know your thoughts please.        going to use a svs subwoofer and FOR NOW onkyo tx-nr809 receiver      HELP PLEASE       THANK YOU 
128x128tblanka
At about 2k for used Tekton Double Impacts. Muuuuchhh better than anything else out there in that price range IMO. 
From what I’ve read, Tekton owns this segment. But can’t go wrong with KEF, B&W, etc. Also, Tannoy has a new tower for $1100 that looks very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYuQnZbVeaw
HNY!
If you’re at all serious about home theater I would not skimp on the center channel speaker. I’d shy away from SVS — good speakers but that metal-dome tweeter doesn’t always play nice with A/V receivers. Very hit or miss. Here are a few to consider:

1. Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower ($1998/pr), Sierra Horizon Center ($1098).
  2. Aperion Audio Grand Verus lll ($1998/pr), Grand Verus lll Center ($559).  You could also drop down to their Intimus series and save a lot of $$$ and still get very good performance. 
  3. If you can find them new or used, the Wharfedale 10.7 Diamond Towers and Diamond 10.CM Center will sound great and be half the price or more than the others, which would leave you room to add a nice SVS sub.
Just a few options to ponder. Hope this helps, and best of luck.

BTW, I worked for Magnolia for a bit and got to try all their receivers at length. By far my favorite and the most transparent and dimensional with high-quality recordings through $9000 B&W 804Ds was the Yamaha Aventage. Smoked Marantz, Adcom, and Onkyo, and it has the bonus of being significantly more reliable than all of them as well. A guy came in who owned a Marantz AVR and when I switched back and forth between his Marantz and the Yammy he told me the Marantz sounded “broken” in comparison. He was not happy. Anyway, more food for thought FWIW.