Why did Parasound discontinue the Halo JC-1 monoblock amplifiers?

Why did Parasound discontinue the Halo JC-1 monoblocks?

I am relatively new to this era of audio, but I find myself drawn to monoblock amps.  From what I read, I should experience the Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks.  You know, the amplifiers that remained on Stereophile's A list for 18 or 19 years?  I see them come up for sale at a relatively reasonable price, in the $4K - $5K range.  I am debating about trying them versus purchasing the Moon by SimAudio 400M monoblocks new.  Currently, I'm streaming Tidal and Qobuz using the SimAudio 390D streamer/DAC/pre into Kinki Studios EX B7 monoblocks, with GoldenEar Triton One loudspeakers.  End game will be Wilson Audio Yvette unless something else comes along before I can bring myself to spend this much on a pair of speakers.  Thanks for your responses.
kcpellethead
I think it’s a healthy thing to discontinue a model after ten years or so. At least, change a few parts and call it the "Mk II’. Nobody wants to purchase a used in-production model that may be twenty years old (the BAT VK-300 integrated amp was made for the better part of twenty years). Of course, you can call the maker with a serial number and ask for date it was built.
Another reason may be that monoblocks aren’t practical anymore. With SMD technology, passive components and transistors take up a lot less real estate and you can put a lot more amplifier in one case. Less production cost, inventory, packaging, etc., add to the bottom line.
I was invited to see a private viewing of the amp that is replacing the JC-1 at RMAF last Sept. from Mr. Schram himself. Suffice it to say that as good as the JC-1’s are, these are going to boggle your mind!
it seems form factor was not the issue, rather it was time to update/upgrade the design...
why do you say that the JC-5 can’t drive a 4ohm load when bridged?
He probably meant, it would be stressed doing it, as all measured parameters that make for a good amp take a quite a hit when you bridge.
All you gain is wattage in bridging, might as well get a PA amp, like a $350 3000w Behringer.

Cheers George