Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Thanks for the report thielrules!
As I've said so many times, I think the Thiel 3.7s will remain near-SOTA anywhere around their price-point for a long time.
I haven't heard the 7s for ages, but have no doubt they are competitive with (and better than) many of today's excellent speakers.
prof, 

I'd put the 2.7s into  that category, also. At their price point I haven't heard anything better. 

Hi prof,

Are you sure you have done all you can with speaker position/listening position/acoustics to dial in your speakers before chasing other solutions?
You are asking a fair question. I have added bass traps across the front wall ceiling and down the front wall corners; and have added absorption panels on one side wall where one speaker has to be set within three feet of that side wall. At that time, I also tried to dial in speaker placement.

However, I have not revisited speaker placement and room acoustics since I acquired my latest transport and DAC.

My problem is that my equipment upgrades since I acquired the CS5's have all been noticeable improvements so I keep wondering what I am "obviously" missing in that regard.

Or put another way, perhaps I have lost sight of the room/placement variables. 

And I have not yet set up my turntable since acquiring the Thiels...

Thanks for the advice!

Dsper

dsper,
Seems you are way ahead of me on this.  I hope you get things going your way.
I had the CS6s way back which were very much like the 7s and I actually found them to be very smooth.  Though driving them with Conrad Johnson tube amps helped :-)

dsper

Reviewing your original post- the Naim and Mark Levinson are very fine players indeed. Not familiar with the AudioSpace CD8 but find it cool as there are many excellent spinners out there. I too find modern DAC(s) on the clinical side.  If you like the sound from Cullen and Synergistic Research, consider, a full loom (interconnects and speaker cables).

Keep me posted as you find that perfect balance between cabling and gear.

Happy Listening!