Paradigm Persona 9H - hard to drive !?

December edition of the British magazine Hi-Fi News published a nice review of Paradigm Persona 9H.

They tested with Constelation solid state amps.

Relevant quotes from the review:

"Of all speakers the speakers I have encountered in decades of reviewing, the Persona 9H is right up there in the top ten, and maybe even the top five."

"From the first notes played, it was clear something very special was happening." 

"Paradigm´s Persona 9H speakers are outstanding in every respect, from the superb quality of build and finish to their scintillating sound."

All of this I already know, except the need of an amplifier of high power.

"Don´t be fooled by that modest power requirement and seemingly benign impedance: partner them with a high quality, high power amplifier, and prepare to be dazzled..."

The Lab Report concludes:

"...the 2.4 ohm minimum modulus we measured means that 9H is nominally a 3 ohm speaker."

"...and it has an EPDR which drops to a scary 1 ohm, albeit at 9.7 kHz..."

I drive my Personas 9H with a SET amp wit 25 watts with fantastic results, but after reading this I don´t know if I can achieve even better sound with a high power solid state amplifier.

Any thoughts ?

128x128nabcs
One or two ohm dips definitely make the Personas hard speakers to drive, You should definitely try your Personas with a higher powered amp. It will probably give you a considerably different sound than your SET. Your speakers are underpowered by the SET, but you may prefer aspects of its sound over those of a more powerful amp.
I only have used tube amps with my Personas.

Triode M845 - 50 watts 
Aries Cerat Concero 25 - 25 watts

Triode have a very good control in the bass but compared to Aries Cerat, the midrange is not that transparent.

The Aries Cerat have a much more natural and full bodied sound with a good bass control.

I do not feel any difference in relation to the power output. Both play at levels more than enough for my room.

But curiosity killed the cat, and probably I will try a Luxman M-900u this weekend.
Very curious to see the results!!
Thinking about going from my Accuphase E650 to the new E800.
So many choices out there.
Paradigm generally thru the Anthem 1000w M1 mono at each speaker when they demo these at CEDIA.
But curiosity killed the cat, and probably I will try a Luxman M-900u this weekend.
Add me as someone who would be interested in your feedback on this setup.