SACD or not

I have a question regarding SACD format. I am looking to replace my CD player and noticed some CD players have the ability to process SACD and some do not.  I have never heard this format and was wondering if I should consider this in my purchase. My purchase price is in the $1400 range
I know people will question why I am using CD at all. That is another discussion for another time. I still like some physical media in my listening experience. 
I look forward to your comments 
schmitty1
Great responses so I am up to suggestions in the $1400 price range. Rega Apollo no SACD
Arcam SCD50 SACD and DAC
Please feel free to comment on any other new or used. 
Yep, go for a Marantz.  Built like a tank but play with great finesse.  There are many great sounding SACDs out there that are not symphonic in nature.  Get Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" and Clark Terry's "Portraits".  Those discs will allow you to hear what SACD is capable of.
I just listed a Marantz SA-11S1 on Audiomart.  Had the S2 and sold it awhile back.  Great players and I say that owning 2 Marantz and plenty of other CD players.   
All the great and informative posts.

When it comes to buying used, remember that all these CD/SACD drives may fail after a certain number of hours played. Of course, anything can fail, but drives are a weak spot here.

If thinking of buying used, take a peek at SONY SCD-XA5400ES. It is a bit old and it still holds the price unusually high, but it may be for a reason. I have never compared it to any of the players mentioned in earlier posts, but it is a good one. There is one on US Audio Mart right now for $1100. (I am not affiliated with the seller in any way, just noticed the ad.)