Marantz Receiver Bad HDMI

Has anyone had problems I bought a SR7009 I had it less than 18 months HDMI inputs went out I called Marantz it was under warranty. They then sent me a B Stock 7011 less than 18 month the HDMI went out on it. Chris from Marantz customer support refused to do anything and said that the warranty had expired because Marantz provides 3 years combined warranty service. SO they combined the 1 1/2 year when the previous unit went out to the little over 1 1/2 months when the 2nd unit went out. MARANTZ should’ve provided 3 years on both units. Its not the consumers fault that their units are defective. He said that I could trade it in and get little to nothing and then use that money to purchase another Marantz receiver. Why would any one with half a brain do that, needless to say Marantz wont get anymore of my money, BUYER
BEWARE of Marantz. Chris the customer support manager is the judge, jury and executor. He says he makes the final decision. I know of no other establishment that runs that way.
sixgears2u
I don't know how Marantz is, I just know I had an Onkyo used as a HT pre and it was not very good sounding, very much sounded like the Emotiva at the time. Thin and lifeless digital reproduction.

I got rid of them both and stuck with a Theta Casanova as long as I could.
@erik_squires  

I expect the top of the line Marantz receiver the SR8012 will sound better than any Onkyo receivers when used as HT preamp processor as well as standalone receiver. Not sure how Marantz lower end receivers would stack up against any Onkyo receivers when used as HT preamp processor for your front speakers. 

Other receiver brands I highly recommend are the following : 
* NAD T787 if you don't need 4K pass through or Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, etc. This model was discontinued.
* Audio Control Maestro receivers. 
* Arcam AVR850 or even AVR 550. 
* Cambridge Audio CRX 200 if you don't need 4K, Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, etc.
* Rotel RAP 1580 receiver. 
* Anthem MRX 1120 receiver. 

All the above mentioned receivers would sound better than any Marantz or Onkyo receivers or any Japanese mass produced AV receivers even when used as HT preamp processors. 
Hey @caphill

Thanks for the help. I'm afraid I'm trying to keep costs low, especially since this is essentially a secondary unit. I'm using a Luxman integrated for 2 channel, and need a HT 5.1 decoder, with HDMI switching to add to it.

My thoughts were to buy something from Accessories 4 Less in the $500 range. I'm trying to have something that is not terrible, for not a lot, with all the modern HDMI supporting features.

@erik_squires  

In the $500 range used I suggest you look for a used older NAD, Cambridge Audio, Rotel, Arcam, Marantz receivers (10 yrs old and older) with HDMI switching and can support and decode DTS HD-Master Audio & Dolby True HD and supports 1080p video. You can find one for around $500 or perhaps less since this is only for your HT needs and you already have Luxman integrated for your 2ch music needs. 

I had the same problem with a “slim line” Marantz receiver that I bought for use in my den about  10 years ago.  HDMI  kept going out.  I used it for a couple of years with other inputs and then the power amp section died.  Around the same time I bought Marantz first streamer/DAC, which was so buggy that it’s unusable, and instead of a refund the shipped me a replacement that was no better.  It was a software issue and Marantz discontinued it and stopped support for it.  No more Marantz for me