Are these damned brands or not good speakers?

When you surf on Internet you can read about speakers as the Escalante Pinyon, Ultimate monitor,SP technology Time piece 2.1, Harmonic precision Caravelle, Lipinsky L 707, Peak consult Princess, Green mountain....all seems that are extraordinaries speakers, but the reality is that it seems that nobody sells these brands, nobody owns these speakers and practically nobody has heard them; perhaps the problem is that they are TOO much EXPENSIVES for what you get?.
I will be glad to know your opinion about all these speakers. Thanks.
newly
I'll add another voice to support GMA's speakers. Amazing product for the money. Can't comment about dealers, but some high end shops do tend to be snobbish.
As someone who makes boutique speakers and am 4 months into my companies existence (we launched at AXPONA), risk of the company going out of business is what makes people anxious.  Which I get, but it is lower risk than you think.  It costs me about $50/month to maintain my legal entity and keep my web store open.  I might scale back on marketing but I can maintain that indefinitely. 

Incidentally, check me out at www.verdantaudio.com

A speaker is largely made from three key parts, cabinet, driver and crossover:

- Cabinet - by far the hardest to get right.  It requires knowledge to design, technical skill to manufacturer and is the easiest place to cut corners to save money.  I spent six month studying cabinet design and testing different materials to develop one, simple, stand-mount cabinet and hired an aerospace company to produce it for me.  This is the foundation for a great speaker and the most expensive drivers and a good crossover are meaningless if this is wrong.  There are consulting firms that will do this for you but it is pricey.  I am going to introduce wood cabinets at Capital Audiofest and again, I hired a master cabinet maker who specialize in custom cabinets.  

- Crossover - By far the hardest to actually do well but  it is inexpensive to hire someone to design one for you once you have selected your drivers and have a cabinet design.  Once you have a good sounding base crossover, it is also easy to make modifications.  I attempted to design my own and they were not good.  Hired someone.  Tested a few configurations  and they are spectacular.  I don't even make my own crossovers.  Assembly is $15 a unit.  Relatively low risk.  

- Drivers - No small company is making their own drivers.  We all buy from Scanspeak, Seas, Accuton, Eton, etc...  Frankly, so do a lot of midsize companies.  This is extremely low risk as the companies producing the drivers are large and competent.  And, if the world ended, the drivers are backed by their warranty.  

The balance is assembly and soldering.  Are they using OFC or CCA in terms of wire?  What kind of binding posts, ports, etc...  Soldering requires some practice but even that can be worked around if you are incompetent with torx screws and quick connects.  

The other question is consumer direct or retail. 

- Retail adds margin.  A small company selling through retail is almost assuredly a poor value vs. a large company.  Margins are the same but costs are certain to be higher due to purchasing in much smaller quantities.  

-Consumer direct is not necessarily a better value but does allow smaller companies to compete in mid level price points.  I can make an acceptable margin and compete with Harman, Kef, B&W, etc... and deliver a product that is as good or better compared to the Performa, R or 700 series if I sell consumer direct.  I am a poor value if I tried to sell that same product through retail.  Anything below that is very challenging.  

If you choose your products correctly you can feel good that the product is made in the USA if that sort of thing matters to you and you are supporting domestic craftspeople at least in terms of cabinet, crossover and assembly.  Plus, most consumer direct companies offer you 30 days in-home to demo the product.  Try getting your local retailer to let you take home a pair of Sopra No1s to do an in-home demo with no restocking fee.  

I think it cuts both ways. There are small companies seriously trying to make a good product and there are companies just trying to make a profit. As always it is consumer beware. It is difficult to audition equipment correctly which is why I am very fond of the companies that allow in home trials and demos. Some of us are lucky to have decent stores near by. Otherwise you have to know what you like, what you want and how to filter opinions and reviews. 
As a dealer for years and no longer in business  I had been very reluctant to offer products from large companies. Small companies with wonderful people were always my preference. Large companies have no soul and don't care what their gear sounds like. Obviously the sound they produce must sound just like the other guys, but there is no passion. their passion is money. This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of others, nor it is meant to, nor is it meant to upset anyone or to fundamental alter the delicate balance of the  audio universe.