Anthem STR or Lyngdorf TDAI 2170?

I recently moved house and went from a listening space that was pretty generous to my current setup (Cronus Magnum II + B&W 805D3s) to one where the soundstage sounds really flat and underwhelming. Because we watch a lot of movies, I’ve also been running an integrated (Rotel 1592) and using a splitter to switch between that and the Cronus depending on the source (music or movies).

It’s a lot of equipment and wires for a small space and, given how lackluster the sound is, I want to consolidate everything by leveling up to an integrated with room correction.

I’m stuck between an Anthem STR or a Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 (or 3400 if it’s leaps and bounds better than both).

Reviews and comments on both are equally impressive. Has anyone sampled both and have a POV on which I should go with?
jwh2
I would suggest changing speakers.  Those are impacting your dead sound in the smaller room 
Room acoustics first. They will make everything sound better and the room more speaker friendly. 

THEN do the room correction. This is my advice and that of professional acousticians. Room acoustic treatment make DSP equalization work much much better.

Appreciate everyone’s input on this. And I 100% agree with @cjw... it’s always nice to get suggestions that aren’t being driven by a sales agenda and are as close to impartial as possible. Know this hobby of ours is very subjective, and that’s what’s so great about it, but it doesn’t need a sales agenda informing that subjectivity.

After a lot of conversations and research I ended up going out on a limb and getting the Micromega M150 at a really good deal. Realllly curious to see how this performs and will follow up on this thread when some thoughts once I get it into rotation.

Thanks again everyone!
jwh2

I owned the Lyngdorf 2170 and Micromega M100.  My quick take - Lyngdorf has better room correction, the Micromega just flat out sounded better to me.  More power and control over the speakers, and a richer tone.

But.....as mentioned above, room acoustic treatments and speaker placement did so much more for me, and that's why I don't own either anymore.

However, I do believe you made a great choice for your situation, and congratulations on your new purchase!

I am recent owner of a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 and I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. My system is in a room that’s absolutely terrible and I had neither the time, inclination or money to do room treatments not to mention tolerating the strange looks from the wife. I did a home demo of the Lyngdorf 2170 and was immediately convinced of Lyngdorf.  Earlier I had listened to the Anthem STR in two different showrooms. The Anthem was good but the versality of the lyngdorf and the opportunity to demo in my own room with my speakers pushed me in that direction.  I know much of these impressions are relative but I’m often amazed at how good the 3400 sounds and I’ve got it paired with relatively inexpensive speakers (Martin Logan Motion 40 and Dynamo 700 sub). The details the Lyngdorf bring out in the music are incredible, the imaging and sound stage impressive and the sub is integrated better than I’ve ever experienced.   The bass sounds wonderful, passages with electric bass guitar are intoxicating.  I don’t listen at very loud volumes but when I’ve pushed the volume high just experimenting I got no distortion and room correction is still maintained nicely.   I’m a happy camper but I do wonder how much better the Lyngdorf would be with very high end speakers.