Anthem STR or Lyngdorf TDAI 2170?

I recently moved house and went from a listening space that was pretty generous to my current setup (Cronus Magnum II + B&W 805D3s) to one where the soundstage sounds really flat and underwhelming. Because we watch a lot of movies, I’ve also been running an integrated (Rotel 1592) and using a splitter to switch between that and the Cronus depending on the source (music or movies).

It’s a lot of equipment and wires for a small space and, given how lackluster the sound is, I want to consolidate everything by leveling up to an integrated with room correction.

I’m stuck between an Anthem STR or a Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 (or 3400 if it’s leaps and bounds better than both).

Reviews and comments on both are equally impressive. Has anyone sampled both and have a POV on which I should go with?
jwh2

Showing 1 response by robelvick

jwh2

I owned the Lyngdorf 2170 and Micromega M100.  My quick take - Lyngdorf has better room correction, the Micromega just flat out sounded better to me.  More power and control over the speakers, and a richer tone.

But.....as mentioned above, room acoustic treatments and speaker placement did so much more for me, and that's why I don't own either anymore.

However, I do believe you made a great choice for your situation, and congratulations on your new purchase!