Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Roxy,

I chuckled at the likely typo "God luck"--if it was my soldering skills involved vs those of Rebbi's, I'm quite certain the divine assistance would be most necessary 😄!

I too am anxious to learn if the new board solves the issues with the amp, and pass on my best wishes to Rebbi for success as well.

Randy
Hi, Guys,
Well, no joy yet. I replaced the driver board with the one that Pete sent me but it doesn't resolve the distortion issues. So I have packed up the amp and will ship it out to Pete in Florida tomorrow. He promises to get to the bottom of this.
I should mention that both Pete and Brian say they've never seen an amp behave this way. Usually it either works brilliantly or it fails miserably due to a build issue, as in "terrible noise in one channel," "really bad hum," "no sound at all" or "bursts into flames." This whole "sort of works" thing is just bizarre.
I'm sad not to have ironed this out on my own but it may just require someone with the required debugging expertise being able to get their hands on the amp in person. Pete should be that guy.
I'll update you when I know something.