New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
@rlb61 Did Jeff Joseph happen to say if this upgrade is planned on the entire Joseph line of speakers?
But the only difference between these $9000 speakers and $1000 speakers is that it uses a $200 woofer vs a $50 woofer. So it should only really be $150 more expensive. same for the tweeter. i dont see how it comes to $9000
My rule of thumb is 10x driver cost.

What will be interesting to me is whether or not the graphene actually matters.

Would be great to see FR and distortion plots of the raw driver with and without it.

Ideally I’d love to see graphene damp the ringing and allow for higher use of the mid-woofer.

Otherwise, it’s a marketing feature with no other value.
I think John Atkinson said that SP planned to do a follow up on the new Pulsars. Presuming that he does his typical measurements, we should be able to compare both versions. I’m not sure that the graphene is the big deal here ... I think it’s probably more the new drive motor and other internal improvements. Also, I would think that with improved internals comes a further refinement of the already excellent Modafferi crossover.