Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
@ric
Maybe he doesn’t try to get you to sell your speakers because he realizes that’s really hard to do, and a daunting task in general. I’m sure he sells you stuff that’s high margin and/or easy to ship for little to no cost (cables!). How convenient.
Interesting.
Moderators deleting harmless posts tonight. 
And this guy doesn’t even buy ads here. 
Simply uses the forums. 
Go figure. 
contuzzi,
I've never purchased anything from Audiotroy. My dealer and I have been friends for several years and he allows me to either bring components home to evaluate in my system or I can listen to components in his system. I'm just as familiar with my friend's system as my own. If I was interested in a component that my friend didn't carry, I would purchase from another dealer. I purchased my Audioquest Hurricane power cords from another dealer, because they let me try them at home and my friend doesn't carry Audioquest. 

I just don't see the value in trying to destroy a person I don't know. At one time I was interested in a component that Audiotroy talks about on Audiogon, so I called him. Fortunately I was able to hear it relatively close to where I live and I didn't like it.
Contuzzi never sold Ricredi anything.

Why would we advocate Ricredi change from one $30k set of speakers to another? 

We recomended Ricredi change from rowland to a different electronics because-the new Monitor audios Amt  tweeter is more recessed than the first gen and Jeff Rowlands gear is a bit rolled sounding.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ