The Future of Audio Amplification

I have recently paired an Audio Research DS225 Class D amplifier with an Audio Research tube preamplifier (SP8 mkii). I cannot believe how wonderful and lifelike my music sounds. The DS225 replaced an Audio Research SD135 Class AB amplifier. Perhaps the SD135 is just not as good as some of the better quality amps that are out there, but it got me thinking that amazingly wonderful sonance can be achieved with a tubed pre and Class D amp. I have a hunch that as more people experience this combination, it will likely catch on and become the future path of many, if not most audiophile systems. It is interesting that Audio Research has been at the forefront of this development.
distortions
Haven’t found a digital which can compete.Most digital are to clean for my ear.
Sterile with no decaying harmonic structure, creating too much dead time, are the words I believe you should be using.

Cheers George
^Yes, George. and that was th case with all previous class Ds that I owned, but, the Audio alchemy is different. I can hear the resonance and warmth of same inside acoustic guitars, coronets...

FYI: as much as I hated to, I sold my Hattor XLR, but the Audio Alchemy DAC/Pre is damned nice and pairs perfectly with my AA stereo amp
kosst_amojan said... "people replacing SMPS's every day and every guy who's ever worked on CNC machines. There's nothing cheaply or poorly engineered about Mazak or Haas machine tools and they can't seem to make these power supplies last."   

Heat buildup inside any CNC machine beyond the intended tolerances of said machine will most definitely put a strain on all internal parts. Not to mention the vibration from motors and the humid conditions in and around the machines from in shop humidity levels and the coolants used to reduce friction. There are many variables in an industrial setting to make any well designed piece of equipment go south in a hurry...  

Hello George, as far as I know there were no "evaluation boards" of any kind in the Merrill Element 118 prototype. The circuit is entirely designed/implemented by Merrill from the ground up using discrete components, including the in-circuit application of GaN transistors.

For more information, you may want to contact the company.

Regards, G.

Where are some of you guys getting Class D as digital. Class D is not digital.