Want to try separates, what to expect.

Ok, I have always had an integrated amp or A/V receiver (briefly) as my main source for amplification. I started with a Lafayette tube amp that was my Granddad's. I have had a few different SS units from the late 70"s and the late 80's. I now an using a very nice Modwright KWI 200. I have this strong urge to try some modestly priced separates. Is this a move that will bring obvious sonic improvement or just subtle improvement. Just thought I would ask for opinions before I jump off that cliff. I'll likely still try it, you know how it goes in this hobby. Thanks, Allen (Mizike)
mizike
We don't know what he expected but yeah, it's not bad, might complicate matter, though. But it's a serious decision, better look at it from every angle.
Again thanks for your comments. As far as other equipment goes I use an OPPO 105 for disks into a Wyred 4 Sound 2v2SE DAC for two channel music> I also stream a lot of music from Tidal. No vinyl at this time. I use a mix of Signal Cable and Audio Art cables with one or two Pangia power cables. My speakers are Tyler Acoustic Woodmere II. I am using two Rythmik F12G subs as well My room is very long At 14' wide by 38' long by 7' high.  1 x 1 staple up acoustic ceiling tile and carpet on concrete floors. I also have some pasture built (home made) bass traps of 3 lb density mineral wool 5" thick covered with curtain fabric in all corners floor to ceiling with a couple at first and second reflection points on both side walls. I also have Jim Smiths book, hope this helps, Allen
I briefly thought about doing the same  until I realized that the  "massive" improvements that some claim are actually subtle at best. Not to say that improvements are impossible, just unlikely after a lot of $.
mizike
at this price point and performance level, get out to your dealers/retailers and, listen, listen, listen to the Separates.  Keep us posted on the gear auditioned and locations of brands. Enjoy your Audio journey.
Happy Listening!
Dealers enjoy working for free. The man is going to buy used. Unless he is going to buy from dealers auditioning is forbidden.