Which magnepan

It’s been a while since I have had a pair of  magnepans and wondering which pair to get.

room size is 18 w x 21 L , 8 ft flat ceilings.  This room used to be the master bedroom and still could be, but right now it’s the stereo room.       I did try the 3.6rs in there and they are to big for the room as they didn’t image right.   Before I had those, I had a pair of 2.6qr’s and they were in a different room and really enjoyed
those speakers....and sold them as I took a break for a bit.
do I get a pair of the new MMGi and add a sub ( svs ), or do the get the 1.7 ?

Or are there other ideas for speaker ideas for around $1k to $1500 that image well and have good sound stage?
addyson815
I owned 3.5Rs and could never get past the door size room blocker physical size.  I tried a wide variety of amps, both SS and tube (Rogue 150s), but found them hard to drive.

I supplemented the bass with 2 SVS subs (one Ultra and one Plus). Eventually I replaced them with Emerald Physics KC IIs, which are easy to drive 94dB, the bass is good that that I no longer use my SVS subs.

I ordered the KCIIs with the WireWorld OCC internal wiring upgrade (+$500). They include this wire in their more expensive speakers, but mine was a first to put it into the KCIIs. I was told by the assemblers that the improvement (by comparison to the basic wire) was amazing 

IMHO, they are well worth the stretch
My opinion is to try all that qualify in your budget/equipment match and take them home and listen for a week-end.  That should point you in the right direction.  Typically, the larger the Maggie, the more power amp(s) you need to get the SPL up to fun listening levels.

Whatever you decide, you are getting the most accurate speakers made, period, IMO.
Larryys , I have heard all the maggies at a dealer who is a long-time friend
and heard them a lot .I thing you are spot on with the 1.7 's .