Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Has the talk of the demise of Thiel killed the discussions ?
I have noticed a lot of speakers sale on HiFiShark !
Is this the beginning of the end ?  

Happy Holidays to All and to All a Good Night
Rob

Not a chance -Rob.

Hope all of you guys are enjoying this Holiday weekend filled w/ family and good music.

Happy Listening!

Just because a company goes under doesn’t mean they can’t be fixed. A friend of mine owns some Snell speakers and kits are still available to still maintain them. In my case I still own 2 Threshold 50 amps and a Forte 6 amp. I have local techs that have maintained them over the years. One great thing about Jim Thiel speakers you can get them for pennies on the dollar now. I’m sure someone will fix these speakers when this pseudo-Thiel company goes under. Merry Christmas!!
I just bought a pair of barely broken-in 3.7s a few weeks ago from a private party. Considering the news, I was concerned about the longevity of the repair service that Rob Gillum at Thiel runs, so I called him. Things are indeed in a state of flux, but he was able to put my fears to rest. Perhaps some due diligence is still required in monitoring the goings-on, but I'm not terribly concerned now.

Currently listening to the Koopman Bach Cantatas. Such wonderful music.