Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@kristofa

You can also try raising the back of the speakers with the adjustable feet so the tweeter array points down a bit towards you.

The tweeter height was an issue for me and was one of the reasons why I chose the Electrons over the DI's.
My tweeter array is about 6" higher than my ears and I don't notice any decrease in sound quality at all. I raised my listening chair to put my ears level with the middle tweeter and didn't hear any difference.

Lance, are you using Mapleshade platforms and brass footers under your speakers? Threaded brass footers into the speakers and heavy or megafeet under the platform? 

Mazikrav

I'm excited about hearing what the PMDs are like!  Let us know.

Ah, vicarious living...

@kristofa  In my more 'distant' seating position, my ears are aligned with the top most tweeter in the array. In my 'closer' seating postion my ears are aligned with the top of the midrange woofer (just below the lowest tweeter in the array). I'm quite happy with both positions, though I favor the higher / distant postion.

The Double Impacts have a very broad sweet spot (read volume or space due to the three dimensions), on all three axes.
@mac48025,

I am using Mapleshade Threaded Brass Heavyfoot Speaker Upgrade Kit and Timbernation 3” maple platforms with spikes through carpet.

Lance