Best fuses for under $50?

I need six of them for a power amp therefore I need something more economical...  say $50 or less. Any suggestions?

robertsong
Couldn't all this caution with powering on and off of equipment be construed as going a bit overboard when defending a belief? Some here have bandied about how PCs cannot possibly get one better sound because, inferior amp design. Yet we all must walk on eggshells when it comes to fuses? Common sense is being conflated with "what if" or "it just might be". Anyone that impatient to operate their equipment shouldn't be allowed near said equipment. I'd hate to see them operate at a shooting range.

Not really an argument to make. 

I've pointed out in another thread about high rupturing fuses and how it seems that what works for them was simply applied to the fuses we use in audio equipment. Yes, they charge too much (unless you know where to look) but HR fuses DON'T deteriorate with age. Wouldn't anyone want a fuse like that? Something designed to remain constant and perform consistently, instead of rolling the dice whenever you turn something on?

I've heard the differences they make and no amount of debate will convince me I'm hearing things. In fact, I've just ordered 5 PADIS fuses for about $130 (with shipping from Germany) and will let everyone know what I find out about them. It's really no biggie.

All the best,
Nonoise
Nonoise, to be sure it’s clear the caution I was expressing just above pertains not only to avoiding the possibility of blowing a fuse, but to avoiding the possibility of other damage to the equipment, or degradation of its long-term reliability, that may be much more serious.

I make a point of not even turning my computer or TV set on for at least 30 seconds or so after turning them off.

Regards,
-- Al
Al, I do the same. You should see how long I take to drive away once I start my car. I still shudder when I see someone start their car and immediately drive off. That engine won't last for long.

All the best,
Nonoise
Inrush currents from moment of switch on, can cause a fuse to be weakened by many said inrush turn on’s, to a point of blowing one day, here's a visual proof.
https://i.stack.imgur.com/0uqWX.jpg

Cheers George