Has anyone considered rebuying a speaker you once owned??

I am curious if any one has ever considered buying a speaker previously owned and liked, but decided to either downsize or look for a "different" type of sound. 

I ask because I purchased a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios speakers about 5-6 years ago, and decided to downsize the system with a less heavy speaker that was easier to move around.  The Adagios were 80 lbs each.  I currently own a pair Golden Ear Technology model 7 speakers (purchased in 2014)  which are smaller and lighter at 37 lbs each. The Adagios are 50 inches tall, and the GET 7's are 40inches with a slimmer profile. 

I realize the Adagios  are almost three and a half times more expensive than GET 7's. which are $1395. They can sound very good, but I have come to realize they are not in the same league sound quality wise as AZ Adagios. and  may possibly be the best speaker I ever owned.   Of course, hindsight or hindsound is a wonderful thing.    Thanks,  SJ   

sunnyjim
jedinite24  Hmm... If I had the space and funds I would get a pair of restored KEF 104/2 speakers again. I had them but had to get rid of them due to downsizing to a different sound space. My father-in-law is enjoying the ones I had but I really do miss them.

My buddy has a pair if you still want them!  He also has 105s, and a bunch of other vintage speakers.  He recently picked up a pair of IMFs and they sound remarkable.

Happy Listening. 
I had a Spendor S100, sold them, bought another S100, traded those in and finally got (and still own) a Spendor 9/1 (the floorstander version of the SP100).  It's an OK loudspeaker.
Heh, I'm in close to a similar situation.

I may be selling my current floor standers (Thiel 3.7s) for a smaller more mobile pair of speakers, and I can already sense that I will have to live with regret if I do it.  In fact, the Thiels are a sort of return, insofar as I once had Thiel CS6's in my house and let them "get away." I always pined for that sound again.  So I found my way back to big Thiels.

Problem with me is that, like too many of us, I can never be totally satisfied because of course no speaker (or component) is perfect and one will do things better than another.   That's why I tend to have multiple speakers in the house at any one time, so if I get a bit to used to one I switch over to another for a while and re-appreciate them.  Keeps things more fresh, but of course my wife will complain I have too many speakers (fair enough!).  

My problem is I tend to regret selling whatever I sell.    I miss that particular sound.   Though I know one thing for absolute certain: I am never getting rid of my pair of MBL 121 monitors.  I always lusted after MBL speakers but they were (and are) way out of my price range.  I just lucked into a one of a kind deal to get these, and even if I don't listen to them all the time, I'm not letting them get away.  (Unless I managed to get a pair of 120 to replace them somehow).