Has anyone considered rebuying a speaker you once owned??

I am curious if any one has ever considered buying a speaker previously owned and liked, but decided to either downsize or look for a "different" type of sound. 

I ask because I purchased a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios speakers about 5-6 years ago, and decided to downsize the system with a less heavy speaker that was easier to move around.  The Adagios were 80 lbs each.  I currently own a pair Golden Ear Technology model 7 speakers (purchased in 2014)  which are smaller and lighter at 37 lbs each. The Adagios are 50 inches tall, and the GET 7's are 40inches with a slimmer profile. 

I realize the Adagios  are almost three and a half times more expensive than GET 7's. which are $1395. They can sound very good, but I have come to realize they are not in the same league sound quality wise as AZ Adagios. and  may possibly be the best speaker I ever owned.   Of course, hindsight or hindsound is a wonderful thing.    Thanks,  SJ   

sunnyjim
jedinite24  Hmm... If I had the space and funds I would get a pair of restored KEF 104/2 speakers again. I had them but had to get rid of them due to downsizing to a different sound space. My father-in-law is enjoying the ones I had but I really do miss them.

My buddy has a pair if you still want them!  He also has 105s, and a bunch of other vintage speakers.  He recently picked up a pair of IMFs and they sound remarkable.

Happy Listening. 
I had a Spendor S100, sold them, bought another S100, traded those in and finally got (and still own) a Spendor 9/1 (the floorstander version of the SP100).  It's an OK loudspeaker.
Heh, I'm in close to a similar situation.

I may be selling my current floor standers (Thiel 3.7s) for a smaller more mobile pair of speakers, and I can already sense that I will have to live with regret if I do it.  In fact, the Thiels are a sort of return, insofar as I once had Thiel CS6's in my house and let them "get away." I always pined for that sound again.  So I found my way back to big Thiels.

Problem with me is that, like too many of us, I can never be totally satisfied because of course no speaker (or component) is perfect and one will do things better than another.   That's why I tend to have multiple speakers in the house at any one time, so if I get a bit to used to one I switch over to another for a while and re-appreciate them.  Keeps things more fresh, but of course my wife will complain I have too many speakers (fair enough!).  

My problem is I tend to regret selling whatever I sell.    I miss that particular sound.   Though I know one thing for absolute certain: I am never getting rid of my pair of MBL 121 monitors.  I always lusted after MBL speakers but they were (and are) way out of my price range.  I just lucked into a one of a kind deal to get these, and even if I don't listen to them all the time, I'm not letting them get away.  (Unless I managed to get a pair of 120 to replace them somehow).

I miss my Ohm Fs which I bought back in 1974 and sold a couple of years later when I had to move. Tried the new Ohms a few years back and, in spite of the manufacturer's advertising, they just don't have the magic of the originals. 

Unfortunately, the original Fs are well beyond their useful life so it wouldn't have done me any good to have hung on to them for over 40 years. And there are only a few newly manufactured true Walsh driver speakers available on the market and they are very expensive. But my current listening room isn't good for omni-directional speakers so it's pretty much a moot point.