What Will Happen to Your Music Collection and Equipment When You.......

Not to sound morbid, but being a realist...what do you plan on doing with your collection and equipment before leaving this planet? (if you have a chance!) I have no heirs, and I have been collecting vinyl since I was 13 or so (am now 61) and buying CDs. I know I will continue to seek out and buy. As we all know...a collection is very personal and literally represents a lifetime of searching, finding, enjoying and just plain fun! It is part of a lifestyle that includes many, many concerts since I was 15. How do you even go about placing a value on a music collection? True, the real value is the enjoyment of it, and I guess monetary value is secondary. I like my equipment, but it is nowhere near and dear to my heart as the music. I guess one could sell the collection to a used store, and let it be recycled once again to music lovers, or you could ebay it, or pass it on to other family members or friends. I would just like the joy I have received from it to be experienced by others as it is just a wonderful thing. Just curious as to what others thought about this....thanks!
moofoo
I'm hoping that when I get the bad news I'll have time to sell my gear.  I'm resigned to the fact that my music collection will probably be scattered or, if streaming catches on, hauled off to the dump.  I do still have hope that the children of a friend or relative will catch the music collecting bug big time.
Since I have 2 systems, I will leave one to my son and one to my daughter.  They can go through my music collection and keep what they want and sell or give away the rest.  My wife has zero interest in my systems or the music.

I am taking mine with me, don't know what to expect when I get to where I'm going so am not taking any chances. Who knows they might have Wayne Newton on constant repeat.

If I'm fortunate enough to know ahead of time, I'll wait as long as I can and then contact someone who'd actually appreciate my system and just give it to them. My CD collection would go to the local library.

If I go all-of-a-sudden, my sister and brother in law can figure it out.

All the best,
Nonoise
Oh, just the thought of someone messing with my system and my music collection (even after I'm dead) makes me want to die...