WHAT'S UP WITH MARANTZ?

Just discovered that Marantz only offers black colored equipment in the US. (North America)
What happened to the classic champagne color?

Was going to buy the new reference 10 SACD player.   For apx $7K you would think that they would offer more options than black!

No sale.
honeybee2012
I like the black color- very elegant.
I will say that the top components could benefit from a gold/champagne color.
Just my thought......I listen to my equipment, I don't just look at it.
Color....who cares............
A lot of research goes into what’s best for which market. Different colors denote different tastes, outlooks and preferences. Unfortuantely, black is considered a bad-ass color associated with aggressiveness, dominance, soldiery, stealthiness, ninjas and the like. Champagne denotes civility, sophistication, artiness, elegance and what have you.

Guess which one is typically "American" to most market research departments? It’s all how we’re perceived. Despite my mention above about not judging the looks of something, I prefer the champagne look but I’m stuck with the black as well.

All the best,
Nonoise
A lot of research goes into what’s best for which market. Different colors denote different tastes, outlooks and preferences. Unfortuantely, black is considered a bad-ass color associated with aggressiveness, dominance, soldiery, stealthiness, ninjas and the like. Champagne denotes civility, sophistication, artiness, elegance and what have you.

Interesting research. I see black as stealth-like. I prefer it for it's ability to not call attention to itself like silver and gold do. When people have come into my listening room, they are always drawn to any silver, gold  or champagne color components first. No one ever asks about a black component.

That is why I prefer black. I prefer the equipment NOT to call attention to itself. I certainly do not consider it "bad-ass". Maybe in a car though.

Cheers,
John
I live in Tucson AZ.  Can't have a black car here.  We go for 90 or so days in a row at 100 F.    It is not unusual to get a good stretch at 110F.