WHAT'S UP WITH MARANTZ?

Just discovered that Marantz only offers black colored equipment in the US. (North America)
What happened to the classic champagne color?

Was going to buy the new reference 10 SACD player.   For apx $7K you would think that they would offer more options than black!

No sale.
honeybee2012

Showing 12 responses by honeybee2012

All kidding aside, they should have a "classic" champagne option.  
I know they had color options in Europe.   
@jmcgrogan2 .

Agree 100%.    In the US at least, I have seen overhead photos of freeways/parking lots with 80% of the cars in white or silver.  

Just joking about anti Americanism. Understand that companies do market research and go with the highest profit model.  Not a big fan of black -  some people like red cars, some don't - no big deal.

You would think, however, that when you get to a certain price level there would be more options.
AUDIO ADVISOR advises the SA 10 is only available in North America in Black.

Catalog (page 62) is in error.

I live in Tucson AZ.  Can't have a black car here.  We go for 90 or so days in a row at 100 F.    It is not unusual to get a good stretch at 110F.   
@hifiman5 

i called Audio Advisor.   Gold is not available in North America.  Catalog is in error.
As OP, I suggest we close this thread.   Most posters are of a like mind, a reference item from a company with an esteemed history should offer their classic color scheme as an option. Especially at such a lofty price for a SACD player which is, in fact, a niche product.   

There is no argument with the "sound only" and the "pro black"  posters.  This thread was not about how the product sounds.   

Thanks
Ha!  I have heard that before, if I get the time, I will call them.
Anyway,  I am now in subwoofer hunt mode.   Or phono stage mode.....
i get distracted......