Your single favorite component

Of all the pieces of your system you now own or have owned in the past, is there any one piece you could say is your absolute favorite piece of equipment? 

I don't know if I have an answer to my own question - I enjoy various pieces of equipment for different reasons. A turntable I've owned for 18 years, a 40 year old tuner, an amp I built myself, all in some way are pretty special to me. And so on! 
128x128zavato
AR turntable; Advent speakers, or Tom Holman's apt pre-amp

... or maybe one of my Advent cassette decks or one of the Naks I had...
Back in the late 70's/early 80's Sansui was into 4-channel reproduction, and brought out their top-of-the-line model - the Sansui QSD-1.  While there were QS recordings out I never bothered with them because the QSD-1 could synthesize quad reproduction from regular two channel sources.
Over the years I have learned to abandon the true quadraphonic sound (sounding like your sitting right in the middle of an orchestra), by turning down the rear channels somewhat, which provides an enhanced stereo sound. What becomes enhanced is the ambiance built into every stereo recording.
With the aid of my QSD-1 I have my setup reproducing my favorite listening situation.  I'm in Lambeau Field (a totally enclosed football stadium), sitting on the 35 yard line facing the end zone.  The stadium is empty, except for me.  I have invited a couple of artists to come and play for me.  The stage is in the closest end zone.  As they play the music emanates, mostly from the stage with a very small amount reflected. The ambiance from the recording is also reproduced so each playback becomes a totally realistic, personal performance for just me.  I'm surrounded by the music, but, at the same time, it definitely comes from the stage.  Then the band says "Good night", and goes off to play for someone else.
Adjusting for smaller groups I have noticed if I turn up the volume just a little, I move closer to the stage til I'm about 15'- 20' away. 
I love having my own personal concerts so much I dropped $800 to buy a backup QSD-1 just in case my original unit ever has problems.
I use Maggie 1.7's in my system, which are pretty good at reproducing ambiance on their own.  When I have someone come over for a listen I start off with a couple of songs with just the front two channels playing, along with the subwoofers.  Then I switch to 4-channel and people are confused, probably expecting to hear a lot of information coming from the rear speakers.  Most say "I'm not hearing much from the rear speakers". I just tell them, It's subtle", and wait about three songs. From the look on their faces I can tell they're on the 35 yard line.

My Accuphase E-600. I'm still shocked I own it and even more so when I'm listening to it.
Koetsu stone body cartridge. I've had 4 now, and the best one is definitely my new Coralstone. But all of them do much of the same thing -- i.e. everything I want from a cartridge.

It's the only component that sounds really good even on its bad days. Sounds spectacular on good days, and most days are good days.

Honorable mentions:
Tannoy Canterbury SE speakers, Stax SR-009 headphones, Head-amp Blue Hawaii SE headphone amp.