Vandersteen Treo vs 3A Sig as upgrade

I had my local dealer hook up a pair of Treos to demo them and left with a very mixed impression. I like the overall sound. They have a smoother, more refined and sophisticated midrange that the 3A Sigs can't match. I want that. But the bass was less defined and the top end was bright. The sibilance was very exaggerated - this was with CD. Is this the character of the Treo? Thanks!
wlutke
Hifiman. No, I don't. they showed me the type of meter I have to get to measure this. The guy at Stereo Unlimited said he could help me do this over the phone. I have a Rogue Pharaoh integrated amp.
I'm very late, but a cheap meter is a phone with a calibrated mic ($25) and app. On android I use sound tools.  It's very nice, and has much better extension than most SPL meters.

Dayton imm6

Also works with Room EQ Wizard if you get fancy.

Best,

Erik
@mr_m  I have the M5-HP adjustable Vandy crossovers.  I have two 100k ohm X-2 in mint condition if that would happen to be the value you need .  I was just looking at your integrated online but could not find the input impedance listed.  You would want an X-2 that is roughly 1/2 the input impedance of the Rogue.

You can halve an impedance by putting a resistor in parallel with it. :)

So if you have 100k but need 50k, put a 100k resistor across the inputs.

But really, this should only be for passive line level crossovers. Any active crossover should deal well enough with anything over 10k.

Best,

Erik
Hifiman. If they were the right values for my amp, how much would you want for them?