Vandersteen Treo vs 3A Sig as upgrade

I had my local dealer hook up a pair of Treos to demo them and left with a very mixed impression. I like the overall sound. They have a smoother, more refined and sophisticated midrange that the 3A Sigs can't match. I want that. But the bass was less defined and the top end was bright. The sibilance was very exaggerated - this was with CD. Is this the character of the Treo? Thanks!
wlutke
Hi Guys.  I have been following this thread with great interest.

I am planing to audition the Quatro CT Wood next month.  I have read a few favorable reviews.  Does anyone have any opinions/concerns regarding the Quatro's?

Thanks.

I have had a pair of Treo CT for two months.  I have been listening to Vandersteens for the last 30 years, starting with the original 2C, then model 3 to 3A to Signature.  The Treo CT is the same as the Quatro CT Wood minus the built in subwoofer system.  I went with the Treo CT as I already have two 2wq Vandy subwoofers.  If you haven't made a significant investment in subs. and crave deep, well-controlled, powerful bass then the Quatro would be a great way to go.

After living with my Quatro CT's front he past 8 months, I can only find one downside - I may have purchased my last pair of speakers. 
@nrenter  You may have!  As I type this I am listening to Bobby Battle's "The Offering" on Mapleshade and I want to go upstairs to watch a particular show on TV but I keep finding excuses to stay and listen a little longer.  That may be one of the most meaningful tests of how much you love what your system is allowing you to hear and enjoy.

Lucky you, you are ahead of me by 6 months.  I'll have to try to catch up.

Interesting M.  Personally, I go with the Quatro all day long.  I"m really big on coherency and I also need matching subs in a system.  That's just me, but many do like the Treo better with the subs.  SUB...jective, right? lol