Recommendation for Integrated Amp with Tone Controls

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a good integrated amp with tone controls. I want something more attractive than a NAD with enough power to give me some flexibility. Max of $1000 to spend. I am looking for a keeper for the long term.

Sadly enough most audiophile grade amps don't have tone controls but I do find myself missing something if I can't turn the treble up a little bit. Maybe I have some hearing loss from blasting Guns N Roses when I was a teenager. Thanks for the help!
128x128brimel1974
I think the Yamaha A-S1000 is wonderful.  It definitely has some real power at "only" 90w/channel and is built like a brick.  Have not heard the 801 but have heard really good things about it.

Bill 
If you'll consider used, the Anthem 225 is powerful with tone controls. (I own it and bypass the tone controls.) 225 wpc will energize anything I have. There are several reviews online. 

I think list is $1800 or so, but I bought mine for under $1000 shipped with money leftover.

Regarding looks, I like it but you may not...
I second the idea of electronic eq. Audirvanna has it. Another idea is used Yamaha as series. They look great and have a nice laid back sound. There are great deals from time to time online for these. 
What does " more attractive than a NAD " mean? Better looking?

Anyway, for this budget doubt you'll do better than a used NAD C375 (~$700 used), has tone controls and the ability to switch them out.
I owned the Vincent sv-226, little brother to the sv-236. It was a great integrated. Wish i never sold mine.  A used 236 at $1000 would be on my short list if in that market.