Determining current flow to install "audiophile" fuses.

There are 4 fuses in my Odyssey Stratos amp. I recently returned some AMR fuses because they rolled off the highs and lows a little too much for me. Mids were excellent though. Anyway, I'm getting ready to try the Hi-Fi Tuning Classic Gold fuses, as they are on clearance now for $10/ea. Are they any good? However, I have read that they are a directional fuse? Can anyone confirm this? If that is the case, does anyone know the current flow for the Odyssey Stratos? Or, does anyone know how figure out current flow by opening up the top and looking at the circuitry? 

jsbach1685
Nop,
I'm hippie -- Peace Brother
Stand for Sincerity, Humanity and just simply trivial common sense. If there are none, I certainly become angry comrade and turn humor to sarcasm or visa versa.

"Where is all this angst and hostility coming from? "

Look in the mirror.

But I’m sure its no mystery. Repeating the same thing over and over like a parrot no matter what tends to have that effect on people.

We know Geofkait says all wires are directional and why already 10X over. Enough already.

Your act is getting old and predictable.

czarivey
  • George, look at Geoff’s site. He’s got much-more-a-plenty-more of artifacts of audio -- you’ll be truly amazed and amused!

I know I’ve seen it, he really does stick pins in dolls.

And GK you still haven’t posted links to documented fuse manufacturers poof of directionality of fuses. I ask once again please post the links!

Cheers George

When a manufacturer marks it’s fuses with directional arrows it means they believe their fuses are uh, directional. When a manufacturer publishes detailed measurement data that shows differences in resistance depending on direction of the fuse it means the manufacturer believes fuses are directional.
Incorrect. They don't mark the fuse with arrows indicating its directionality, they mark it with a logo that is easily confused. This is done to buy into the myth that fuses are directional, and thus they sell more fuses. There is no directional data that exists, at least none that can be verified by independent test.

@georgelofi , +1
Atmasphere wrote,

"Incorrect. They don’t mark the fuse with arrows indicating its directionality, they mark it with a logo that is easily confused. This is done to buy into the myth that fuses are directional, and thus they sell more fuses. There is no directional data that exists, at least none that can be verified by independent test."

I hate to speak before all the facts are in but it kind of appears that you are the only one confused by the symbol that looks pretty much like an arrow. What makes matters worse for your position is that the HiFi Tuning fuses actually sound considerably better when the arrow thingie is pointed in the right direction. At least that’s what people who have actually heard the HiFi Tuning fuses say. Furthermore Isoclean has actual, you know, arrows that should not be so darn confusing on their fuses. Have for twenty years. The test data sheets on the HiFi Tuning web site are actually from an independent testing facility. Hel-loo! As it turns out you have apparently bought into the old wives take that fuses are not directional.

The more you try to convince someone who has his mind made up using logic and rational debate the more convinced he is that everyone else is wrong, trying to trick him or there’s some global conspiracy. Lol

geoff kait