Zu audio advice

I have been looking at their speakers lately and was wondering what people thought . I would like to demo these if there is anyone in the Tacoma Washington area willing to share it would be appreciated 
trrevell
I lived with the Omen Mk. I for a couple of years. Strength was speed (dynamics) and satisfyingly thick and meaty tone. Weakness was imaging: when most of the information is coming from a 10’ driver, it won’t disappear in the room. There is still a stereophonic effect, but I’m not sure they will ever do the holographic imaging thing.

It also likes power and may not be quite as efficient as claimed.  38 watts of tube power was enough, but I don't think an SET would have brought them to life.

Have a pair of Zu Def 4s. If you like tubes, and I do, they can absolutely sing. Have heard that the DruidV is another winner but wouldn't trade. Above poster is right about placement, took some experimenting. Also took some break in time. 
Only problem is I can't stay out of the basement. 
Go to the Roundup thread. Just type in roundup.

I agree with DentDog regarding Zu Def 4s. (No, I have not spent time with other Zu speakers.) In part, the Def 4s take on the character of the amplifier that is driving them. I have heard them with SET, low powered SIT, and even moderate powered SS. While some individuals think that most SETs are underpowered (search for posts by 213Cobra - he uses an 845 SET), I am quite happy with my 300b SET. Conversely, I thought that both 45 and 2a3 SETs were insufficient - although I have very long speaker cable runs that might have contributed. I did not fuss with placement for two reasons - mostly because there were not a lot of options in my living room.
Can anyone compare Klipsch Heritage models to Zu? Specifically the Omen Def Mk. II. I have had Klipsch Cornwalls in my system for a while now and was thinking of possibly making a change this year. My amplification is PrimaLuna ProLogue Three pre and ProLogue Six monoblocks.
As I mentioned in an earlier post: "Zu offers a generous in-home audition program. I suggest that you give Zu a call; they are always happy to talk with prospective customers." My personal experience is that the only way to audition or compare speakers is in your own environment. Every listening room is unique. In-home assessment trumps everything else.