Omnis with deep bass $2K

A dinner guest recently asked for a quick listen to my system, currently using Ohm 100 + subs. He was very impressed and commented that he'd like a pair of his own. Cost issues arose, so I disabled the subs. He was still sold. As he was getting ready to head home, he asked if there were similar speakers (i.e. omnis with deep bass) at less than $2k that he should check out. This price point eliminated MBL, German Physics, Wolcott, Duevel (except Planets) and the Dale Harter (sic) Exotics. I mentioned Ohm, Mirage, Morrison, Artistic Audio, and Decware. Did I miss any?

Thanks,

Marty
martykl
06-26-09: Tripper
http://www.directacoustics.com
I was wondering what Winslow Burhoe was doing these days. I know he's done a lot of things in speakers for many decades, but my first awareness of him came with his founding of EPI Loudspeakers, and designing their original product lineup.

IIRC, the flagship back then (early '70s) was an omnidirectional tower with an 8" woofer and 1" air spring tweeter positioned on each of the four sides of the column--the EPI 1000.
I can't resist for $511. I'm going to take a listen to the Direct Acoustics speakers.