Need your help finding a pair of speakers.........

Hello all,
I just sold a pair of AndraII's. Everthing is packed and ready for my helper to pick-up for shipping on Tuesday 12/27/2006. I have a budget of $20K-30K. Can you please give me some recommendations based on experience? It took me a long time and a lot of money to find the Andra's but my curiosity got the best of me so here i am looking for new stuffs. I would like to keep my electronics (conrad/johnson top-of-the-line). For the last 5 years, I have not kept anything for more than a year. This time, i would like to buy a pair of speakers that I can keep for a long time. If needed I will expand my budget but prefer not. No WILSON please, I have tried and they are not for me.
Thanks for your time,
Gina
Ag insider logo xs@2xginas
having owned the Andras, their only real deficiency (to me) was the midrange, which lacked a bit of speed and transparency (the bass and treble left little to be desired).
other than that, finding something significantly better is going to be a real chore, especially considering their musicality, especially on strings and piano. i eventually replaced them with von schweikerts, which do possess a state-of-the-art midrange driver. but even the VS's, again, IMHO, bear a close resemblance to the eggleston sound, just quicker and more open. however, i'm a bit surprised you didn't enjoy listening to the andra's alot more. of course i confess to spending a small fortune on transparent wire, which took the speakers to a whole new level, with deep bass and a big 3-D stage.
With only 50 hours of playing time on the Andra 2's are you sure that you need new speakers, you haven't even broke them in yet. From all that I have read and heard about the Andra's, they are killer...
Gina, what in the world was wrong (lacking?) with your Andra 2s? Are you sure your 5 year sojourn for speaker nirvana not rooted somewhere else? Maybe if you give us some more info about your rig, and the things you've tried that you were unhappy with? There's enough audiophools here to drive you wild with choices. Fasten your seatbelt, it may not be a speaker thing at all, but then again...
If it's true that you only have 50 hours on the speakers, then I would say call off the shipper, unbox the speakers and enjoy. Give those suckers some time to come into their own.