What's up with ads for $70,000 speakers selling

for $5,500? Martin Coltrane for $5,500, Wilson Max ll for $6,500 two days ago. The sellers are from Europe with zero feedback. This is becoming the norm and I am disappointed with this trend of dishonest sellers permeating this site.
128x128grannyring
It's not audiogon's fault. It's Africa and other Third World countries becomming more hi-tek with easiness of the internet access especially around resort areas. Even if they succeed to scam $30 out of your account or poket, they'll be very happy. For you it's just family dinner money, but for them it's nearly twice the monthly income. There are also countries that don't have strong identity security vs. United States that probably has the strongest around the Globe.
There are different professions and occupations that people use to make living or surviving and not all of them are college education based for sure! If YOU happen to believe and bite this kinda bait, it's YOUR negligence and YOUR fault.
As you might think ahead, there will be more adds like that in the near future so get used to it. Flagging them for removal as soon as you see them is the ONLY way to prevent anyone from community to be a victim and the size of our community I guess will and should only help to get rid of them before any fool will bite this bait.
To add to Peter"s line (PBNaudio) A fool and his money are soon parted.
By the time someone has a halfway or better decent system the fool is gone but the quest continues.
Unfortunately its at the point now that I won't deal with anyone unless they have considerable feedback. Hope audiogon or the community can find a viable solution to this growing problem. Good Luck
I bought those Maxx 2's for $6500.00 and wondered why the crates were so light!
I've also seen several ads here for newer McIntosh items selling for 1/4 of their original price, all sellers have 0 feedback, and all have Asian names, even tho based here in the US. As said before, if it's too good to be true,......buyer beware.
I, too, have had my responses blocked lately, all atributable to the new Audiogon.