Outlaw RR2150 - Is there a better receiver?

Thinking about a new RR2150 for amp and tuner combined.

Is there anything else near this price point ($700) I should consider...new or used? Would an older (Sony?, Marantz? Rotel?) suit me just as well?

95% of time will only need amp and tuner sections, so other R2150 features simply nice to have...The RR2150 seems to be hard to find used.

Thanks!

plresults
plresults
I've read good things about the Outlaw RR2150 and was curious about it but I have the Outlaw Audio M2200 monoblocks and when I used them as 2 channel music playback I found my experience similar to that of Kbarkamian. I found them a bit dull and grainy along with some harshness sprinkled in. I hope it is different for the RR2150.

I've heard the Harmon Kardon HK3490 receiver and that sounded a bit warm. I'd give that receiver a try. How about going with a vintage Marantz receiver? Something that has recently been gone over by a tech or rebuilt.

Good luck
@all of you: First, thank you. I appreciate the help. Questions:

- grainy -- I somewhat understand intuitively what that might sound like. What is your definition of a receiver sounding "warm". How about definition of other commonly used terms to describe sound?
- some observations: Rotel doesn't appear to make or have made any time recently a two channel receiver. Which old Marantz or other (Stereotech? Pioneer? HK?) would suit me?
- I have not been able to find a link to an HK 490 or 3490 that peeps keep referring to?
- does anyone know of a source for used Outlaw equipment besides this site or the Outlaw site ... as neither are turning up anything as "used" Thanks if you know of such a site...
you can't beat the price and performance, I own one. as a plus it has a usb input so you can connect direct to your computer and play your music files. the dac is ok...big surprise, just get a decent usb cable like a Kimber.
I recently bought a HK 3490 (now running $300 on newegg). Its very nice but i have no basis for comparison really (except an older onkyo 505 which is not a comparison). Sometimes I wonder if i am missing out on something by not having tried a NAD or an outlaw stereo receiver.

Of course one good thing about the 3490 is that it has a couple of digital inputs.

I am powering a pair of VA Grand Bachs.