Outlaw RR2150 - Is there a better receiver?

Thinking about a new RR2150 for amp and tuner combined.

Is there anything else near this price point ($700) I should consider...new or used? Would an older (Sony?, Marantz? Rotel?) suit me just as well?

95% of time will only need amp and tuner sections, so other R2150 features simply nice to have...The RR2150 seems to be hard to find used.

Thanks!

plresults
plresults

Showing 4 responses by plresults

I really don't know, I an seeking opinions as I am a newbie/neophyte.,,pls do tell me what you prefer and why. :-)
p.s. The request is driven by my setting up a second listening area in the house. I want a receiver for this area of the house to power a California Audio Labs CL-10 -- and to listen to the occassional weekend afternoon radio program (musical or A Prairie Home Companion-ish). Speakers are going to be a pair of Jamo E700s. The room is a big large -- say 24 by 14 or so with lots of hard surfaces.

My other system is a Rega Mira 3 amp and a CL-10, with Rega 7 (tower) speakers...This is in a smaller room -- 16 by 12. I could reverse the systems based on the room sizes, but really want the convenience of the receiver in the second listening area.
Kbark: I am trying to keep it simple in terms of boxes, cables and space consumed. This is a second location in the house -- and having the radio/receiver will please the live-in girlfriend...I could swap Rega Mira 3 for reciever, but then I would need a tuner...Besides the NAD, what do you like used? And which Rotel receiver is your preference?
@all of you: First, thank you. I appreciate the help. Questions:

- grainy -- I somewhat understand intuitively what that might sound like. What is your definition of a receiver sounding "warm". How about definition of other commonly used terms to describe sound?
- some observations: Rotel doesn't appear to make or have made any time recently a two channel receiver. Which old Marantz or other (Stereotech? Pioneer? HK?) would suit me?
- I have not been able to find a link to an HK 490 or 3490 that peeps keep referring to?
- does anyone know of a source for used Outlaw equipment besides this site or the Outlaw site ... as neither are turning up anything as "used" Thanks if you know of such a site...