Outlaw RR2150 - Is there a better receiver?

Thinking about a new RR2150 for amp and tuner combined.

Is there anything else near this price point ($700) I should consider...new or used? Would an older (Sony?, Marantz? Rotel?) suit me just as well?

95% of time will only need amp and tuner sections, so other R2150 features simply nice to have...The RR2150 seems to be hard to find used.

Thanks!

plresults
plresults
Kbark: I am trying to keep it simple in terms of boxes, cables and space consumed. This is a second location in the house -- and having the radio/receiver will please the live-in girlfriend...I could swap Rega Mira 3 for reciever, but then I would need a tuner...Besides the NAD, what do you like used? And which Rotel receiver is your preference?
@ Kabarkamian. It's an interesting question. In what ways is the NAD 725BEE, in your opinion, better than the Outlaw receiver? I've listened to the Outlaw driving Maggies and was impressed overall. So what does the NAD at half the wattage (50 vs 100) have in an overall package that the Outlaw lacks?
I really don't know, I an seeking opinions as I am a newbie/neophyte.,,pls do tell me what you prefer and why. :-)
the outlaw is a beautiful-looking piece; if aesthetics are a criteria i'd go for it. it also has a usb in, so you can use it with computer source. i also like the much less expensive hk490 (very easy to find used), which has lots of power and digital ins; hks typically have very good tunibg sections. yet another inexpensive option is a high-quality, older avr (b&k, arcam), which'll sound very good in 2ch, have good inboard dacs, etc.
Recently a friend was looking for a receiver, but didn't want all the bells and whistles typically included on most contemporary receivers; he wanted to listen to music, not setup a home theater. He needed a turnkey solution (meaning no separate components), and I recommended the Outlaw to him. My rationale had mainly to do with the quality of construction, the simplicity of use, its domestic construction, its power rating and its uncluttered design. Most receivers today have so much crap in them that something is going to malfunction eventually. In this case, less is more in my opinion.

He is delighted with the unit, and uses it every day driving a distributed speaker system. It has been in service for nearly a year without so much as a hiccup, and it sounds very good, with an excellent tuner. I would recommend the unit to anyone who doesn't need all claptrap, but simply wants to reliably listen to music.